- The Department of Psychology aspires to be the trendsetter in the study of Human behavioural aspects where Students and Faculty establish close alliance to learn scientific principles of Human behaviour and mental processes happening around the challenging environment
The specific academic objective of the Department of Psychology is to provide students with an understanding of
- The mental structures and processes that underlie individual experience and behavior
- Understanding the methods to improve personal development in both physical and psychological aspects
- Understanding the major abnormalities in behavior and the ways to overcome it
- Nurturing and strengthening the counseling skills of the students and to make them capable of dealing social problems in a psychological way
- The scientific methodologies by which such a knowledge base is acquired,
- To enhance the students critical thinking, analytical skills and sceptical inquiry necessary to evaluate scientific and popular claims concerning Human behaviour, and
- The application of scientific psychological principles to personal and social issues.
- To educate and train students for careers in scientific psychological research,
- To prepare students to apply scientific knowledge in the process of Learning, Teaching and Re-search their ideas to address holistic mental health.
Major goals of Psychology Department:
- To provide excellent education in the basics of psychology to our graduates.
- To train and prepare our graduate students for careers in scientific psychology and scientifically-based professional practice.
- To carry out these educational goals in the context of a research-oriented department founded on the principles of scholarly excellence, interdisciplinary collaboration, and wide-ranging service.
3. Learning outcome:
- To develop an awareness and familiarity of the scientific study of human behavior and the neural, cognitive, sensory and motor processes underlying it throughout the lifespan.
- To understand and apply scientific methods used in psychological research and will develop skills utilizing statistical and experimental methods.
- To promote student thought, scientific curiosity, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- To work at an internship site under the supervision of a licensed and trained mental health professional.
4. Courses Offered
B Sc and M Sc Psychology: Admission Eligibility: Higher Secondary with any group.
||B Sc Psychology
||M Sc Psychology
||+2pass,B.Sc(Psychology/Sociology/Bachelor of Social Work/Bachelor of Education)
- The Department of Psychology offers unique modes of Bachelor level and Master Level Programmes.
- The students are getting clinical exposure through internship program.
- The Faculty of the Department and the Guide on the site would direct the students during the programme and the students should produce a report on the work done by her during the Practicum.
- The report is then evaluated and given credits for the degree.
6. Adjunct Professor
8. Future Plan
- To start Research Programme
- To open career guidance cell under students supervision.