Safety and Security Measures:\
1. SINGLE ENTRY
- Exit & entrance is in a single passage.
2. DIGITAL GATE ENTRY
- User to Scan the Barcoded ID cards during check-in and checkout transactions of library.
3. CIRCULATION MANAGEMENT
- To designed for all types of counter transactions such as Issue, Renewal, Return, Remainders, Reservation and Statistics reports for all counter transactions. (daily, weekly, monthly, between specific dates).
4. RULES & REGULATIONS
- Open access system is followed.
- Silence should be strictly observed in the library.
- Bags/belongings are not allowed inside the library
- On entering the library, only paper and pen can be taken in for reference work. The ID card and brown cover or newspaper shall be taken in when books have to be borrowed
- Reference books, magazines and journals will be issued for overnight only.
- The books are to be left on the reading table and need not be replaced in the shelves after reading or reference.
- All books and journals must be returned on or before the due date.
- Library books are to be used with utmost care and to be returned without any damage.
- Students should not write or draw anything on the books, periodicals and newspapers.
- The college library runs a book bank for the benefit of the poor students.
- Alumnae students, mothers of the Pearl Montessori School students and teachers of the local schools, community college staff and Housewives of kilakarai can make use of the college library after the college working hours.
- The library accepts donations of manuscripts, books and journals etc., which are found useful to the students
- Usage of mobile phones is not permitted inside the library.
- Students & Staff must produce the Identity Cards while borrowing the books
- All books must be returned to the library before the end of the semester
- Members must replace the book if lost with latest edition along with overdue charges.
5. STOCK VERIFICATION
- Online Stock Verification of library resources using Barcode Scanner, Data Capturing Unit and generate reports of books like missing, lost, issued, binding, transferred, available, etc.,
6. CLEARANCECHECK AT THE END OF THE YEAR
7. ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE TO PROTECT THE SYSTEMS FROM VIRUS
8. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
9. CLOSED CIRCUIT MONITOR
10. BARRICADED THEMSELVES IN ALL THE FLOORS