INCORPORATING ICT IN LIBRARY SERVICES
- Our library has enhanced its services over the last Decade, facilities through automated workflow for with all its possible new and emerging Information and Communication Technology (ICT). An integrated set of services for capturing, cataloguing, storing, searching, protecting, retrieving and also for data entry, transaction and serial control etc., is in use.
- To serve the right user at right time and to save the time of the user, an improvised system is adopted in the library with the application of ICT.
- Software for AUTOLIB has been installed on September 2011. Computerization of all activities of library, which includes, acquisition, issue, return, renewal, clearance, fine, payment, loss, binding, recovery, and Missing Pages.
- E-Library was inaugurated on 20th January 2008 by A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Former president of India. Our management spent nearly 13 lakhs for it. It has 70 System with centralized Air – conditioning
- Services: To search E-Journal, E-Books, Open Sources, Thesis and Dissertation, Abstract and Reports
2. MAIN SERVER
- Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66Ghz Processor / Intel 31GL original Motherboard / 2 Gb DDRn2 Ram / 250 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive / 17”Lcd monitor / LG DVD Writer / Tvs champ keyboard / Logitech optical mouse / ATX cabinet with smps.
3. ONLINE SEARCH
- Users can search the Central Library Resources through OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) the database using important fields such as Accession Number, Call Number, Author, Title, Edition, Year, Publisher etc., and Networks with other Institutional Libraries e-resources.
- Networking with 4 systems for different functions like acquisition, data entry, transaction,searching, serial control and retrieving
- Library resources shared by all Departments through WEBOPAC
OPAC (Online Services)
To search Books and Journals
To refer the Project
To view the Question Banks
To know about New Additions
To view the college News clippings
To check your Account
To reserve the issued books
Content Alert Service
- Reprography facility is available in the Library. This facility is available at a nominal cost of Rs.1 for exposure
7. Services for Research
Web Bibliography Search
Content Alert Services
Inter Library Loan
Identification of Relevant Websites
Net Information Downloading
CD Writing and Many More
8. Inter Library Loan (ILL)
- Free Internet access from 8.30 a.m. to 9.pm.
- E-Journals access through DELNET and N-LIST – INFLIBNET (“National Library and Information services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content”).