ENGLISH DEPARTMENT AND RESEARCH CENTRE
The vision is to empower the students of literature by stimulating and developing their imagination and critical thinking through teaching and research and transform them into a morally and ethically responsible citizens of the society.
- To develop sensitivity to the English Language and its uses(Understanding)
- To impart students with skills and insights needed to engage with and interpret a wide variety of texts(Skills)
- To introduce students to the rich diversity of literatures written in English(Knowledge)
3. Courses Offered
- M Phil English
- MA English
- BA English
4. Department Laboratories:
- Communication Skills Centre
- Video Lab
- Media Museum
- Audio Lab
- Zoom Zone Studio
5. Certificate Programmes
- Spoken English
- Teaching Skills
6. Diploma Programmes
- An MoU with Annammal College of Education, Thoothukudi to send the PG students to be trained as a part of “Teaching of English” Course and the students who have opted Certificate and Diploma courses, “Teaching Skills” from 2017-18.
- An MoU with Crescent College of Education, Madurai to send the PG students to be trained as a part of “Teaching of English” Course and the students who have opted Certificate and Diploma courses, “Teaching Skills.” from 2017-18.
- The Student Wing of ELTAI (TBAKC) Ramanathapuram Chapter and the Department of Mathematics have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Rotary Club of Ramnad. Top 10 leaders from all the classes are identified to train continuously on Leadership Skills under the project HOTT (Higher Order Thinking Theme).
- The Extension Wing of English and Computer Science of the college signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Rotary Club of Ramnad from the academic year 2017 – 2018 to serve together the Children of Al-Mumin Home and the Blue-Collar Workers and their family of the college.
- The Department of English has signed an MoU with English Language Teachers’ Association of India to provide Professional Development for the English Teachers of the college and operate Action Research Projects offered by ELTAI from the year 2018-19.
- The Department of English, Commerce and Business Administration have signed an MoU with ALEF Complementary Educational Services Ltd.,Hong Kong to improve students’ academic success and employability through skills training from the year 2018-19.
- The Department of English, Commerce and Business Administration signed an MoU with ALEF Educational Charity Trust Pvt. Ltd., Hong Kong on SEASE (Skills for Enhancing Academic Success and Employability) from Sep 1, 2018.
12. Skills Area
- Listening Lounge
- English Speaking Corner
- Reading Club
- Writing Centre(Campus Writer)
13. HOTT (Higher Order Thinking Theme)
|Poetry & Psychology
15. Adjunct Professor
17. Guest Lecture Organized
18. Future plan
- To introduce Ph D in English
- To publish Bi-Annual E-Journal
- To conduct poetry contest on International Poetry Day
- To celebrate Shakespeare’s Birth Anniversary
- To place students in reputed news agencies
- To prepare students for State & National Awards & Achievements
- To establish ELTAI Chapter MoUs with District Colleges & Schools
- To establish E-content development
- To produce Student Authors
18. Websites of the Department
Extension Wing [Part 1]
Extension Wing [Part 2]
19. Contact Us
E-Mail : email@example.com
M Phil English 2017-18