DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND RESEARCH CENTRE
About the Department
The Department of Commerce was established in 1988 and became the Research Department in the year 2009. Our curriculum is designed to impart knowledge and skills, not only through effective classroom teaching but also through industrial and corporate exposure. Our mission is to produce professionals and entrepreneurs who will substantially contribute to national development with outstanding managerial and entrepreneurship skills and keen ethical sensitivity to steer corporate social responsibility.
- To explore the possibilities of professionalism in commerce.
- To develop entrepreneurial and management skills.
- To impart practical knowledge in scripless trading system.
- To impart accounting and related business skills with ethical sensitivity and corporate social responsibility
- To nurture the quality of entrepreneurship focusing better economy
3. LEARNING OUTCOMES
After graduation, from college and department, our students will be able to:
- Become successful entrepreneurs who will give, rather than seek, employment to others.
- Manage independently, and with confidence, small business which is directed to improve income and development of self help groups.
- Move to pursue higher studies in commerce for women in particular and
- Foster business ethics to check corruption.
||Year of Affiliation / Commencement
||COP/Certificate Programme in Tally
Name : COMFEST
- Various competetions were conducted for the students of all the departments on 18.08.2017 – 22.08.2017 in commemoration of Dr.Unoose Begam, Founder HOD of Commerce
- Surah Translation
- Words Worth
- Commerce Puzzles
- The following off stage events of COMFEST 2017 was conducted from 2nd week to 4th week of September.
- Hand Painting
- Model Making
- On stage events of COMFEST 2017-18 was conducted on 21.01.2018. Following events were conducted for the students.
- Paper Presentation
- Commerce Quiz
- Ad Buzz
- Commerce Composers
Name of the Club: CITIZEN CONSUMER CLUB
- Citizen Consumer Club of Department of Commerce and Department of Business Administration arranged a stall on the theme “Nativity Bazaar”. Dr.S.Sumayaa, Principal and Ms.Rabiyathul Kadhariya, X Chairman,MunicipalityKilakaraiinaugurated the stall. 58 Students participated in the bazaar.
- Citizen Consumer Club of Department of Commerce & Department of Business Administration organized a professional market on the theme ‘Live Green, Give Green and Save Green’to create awareness on harmful plastic usage. All of the both departments actively participated and 18 stalls were arranged. Prizes were awarded for the beststalls.
- Stall arranged in the college campus on the topic “Spicy Steam Spot” on 10.08.2018. inaugurated by Dr. K.Buvaneswari Asst. Prof. Dept. of Commerce and Chief NAAC Co-Ordinator to enhance Entrepreneurial skills & Customer Relationship Management.
- On 11.01.2018 Ms Nandhini Devi, M.Phil, Department of Commerce presented a paper on the topic “Impact of demonetization on Indian Economy” at the National Level Seminar organized by Government Arts College, Paramakudi.
- On 14.02.2018 following students received “Best performer award” from Department of English TBAKC.
- K.JahubarHameedha I B.Com
- B.ShibanaArasi I B.Com
- S.MaflathSameeha I B.Com
- M.FarhanNaziya III B.Com CA
- On 14.02.2018M. BowsiyaBanu, II B.Com received “Best Volunteer award” from Department of English TBAKC.
7. Adjunct Professor
9. Guest Lecture Organized
10. RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- UGC SPONSORED MAJOR PROJECT“Managing Human resources at the grass root level – Self Help Groups and Micro Credit Synergic Integration” ( A study with reference to SHGs In Ramanathapuram and Madurai District)Principal Investigator : Dr.Unoose Begum (HOD)CoInvestigator : A.JasmineDuration: 2 years (2007-09)Amount Sanctioned: Rs. 4, 21,200
- UGC SPONSORED MINOR PROJECTNo. of projects sanctioned and completed: 4
- Proposal Submitted: 5
11. FUTURE PLANS
- To strengthen research consultancy and placement
- To have collaboration with industries
- To introduce more certificate Programmes
- To organize community development programme
- To start Special Economic Zone for Kilakarai women
- To enter in to MOU with kalvi.com group for conducting Tally programme with international certification in November 2017. (146 students have enrolled)
13. Contact us
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org