PARENTS TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
The Parent Teacher Association is strong and active providing all possible support for the academic and physical development of the college. Guardians and Parents take keen interest in the functioning of this Association . The General Body meets very often to plan and execute development programmer. Some of the important activities of the PTA are to provide financial support for the economically backward students and give loan scholarships.
INCENTIVE AWARDS INSTITUTED BY PARENT – TEACHER ASSOCIATION (PTA)
The PTA gives merit awards to undergraduate students every year as an incentive to achieve academic excellence. The awards are given to the students who fulfill the following conditions.
- 1. The awardees should have secures the highest marks in the concerned class in the University Examinations.
- 2. She should have appeared and passed in all the papers in the particular discipline in the University examinations.
- 3. She should have at least 90% attendance during the academic year.
- 4. The Teachers should justify to the good conduct of the awardees.
- 5. An award of Rs.1,000/- worth of books will be presented during the College day for the best outgoing student.
REPORT FOR THE YEAR 2010-11
The first Annual General Meeting for the Parent Teachers Association was held on 16.06.2010. Our Principal Dr Sumayaa welcomed the gathering and explained about the guidelines to be followed by students in the Hostel as well as in the college Campus. All the heads of the department introduced themselves and highlighted the Programmes offered in their departments. Ms. M. Sulaiha was nominated as the secretary for PTA from the academic year 2010-2011. Large number of parents attended the meeting.
The next meeting was conducted on 12th Jan 2010. Open house discussion was arranged between 12.00 and 1.00pm for Shift I and between 4.00 and 5.00 pm for Shift II. Large number of parents attended the meeting and expressed their concerns on matters relating to their wards with respect to studies and extracurricular activities.