This cell was inaugurated by Prof M Salihu, Vice Chancellor of Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU), Madurai on 02 February 1999. The primary purpose of this cell is to educate and help the students choose their future career in the competitive world.
* To create entrepreneurial awareness among the educated youth, particularly among the student community
* To identify potential entrepreneurs among students and train them for entrepreneurship venture
* To impart management skills to those students who would be the prospective entrepreneurs
* To create awareness among the students about the importance of entrepreneurship
* To emphasize the need for self-employment and help them obtain bank loans for starting industries
* Organizing a seminar in a semester about the entrepreneur development
* Conducting interaction sessions with successful entrepreneurs and formation of self-help groups
* Conducting training programmes with the help of the Centre for Entrepreneur Development (CED), Madurai and the District Industries Centre (DIC), Ramnad
* Organising Sales on the college campus. Students are motivated to put up stalls, during the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) meetings and other important occasions. The profit is utilized for the welfare of the students
* To form self-help groups among the staff and students and to motivate them to save money, group-wise
1 Mrs S Sumayaa Dawood Chairman
2 Mrs A Vasila Begam Coordinator / Treasurer
3 Mrs M I S Fathima Additional Coordinator
4 Mr S Liyagat Ali Secretary
5 Ms Beema Rani Office Assistant
The Cell for Entrepreneur Development takes up the social responsibility to work with the Government Organisations (GOs) and the Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) and it has carried out the following activities to empower the women of this town.
Our College has become a NGO under Tamil Nadu Women’s Development Corporation on 2 August 2002
During the academic year 2001-2002, the cell has concentrated on forming Self-Help Groups among the Muslim minority women living below the poverty line. There are six Self-Help Groups with 20 members each, functioning under the Cell for Entrepreneur Development (CED).
* We conduct meeting periodically to guide the self-help group members in order to maintain accounts, how to conduct meetings, how to build up co ordination and interpersonal relationships among the members
* A need-based training programme on making Palm Products was conducted from 01 October to 07 November 2001
* To train the women of the self-help group, a 6-month training on tailoring in collaboration with People’s Education Centre, a Government Organisation, Ramnad sponsored by the Ministry of Human Resources Development was started on 30 November 2001, 28 February 2002 and 15 March 2002 for Thassim Beevi and Mariyam Self-help groups and the women of East Street and West Street at Kilakarai respectively. At the end of the training programme, the participants were given a certificate depending on the Theory and Practical test performance
* Training Programme offered to 24 members of our Self Help Groups to become LIC Agents
* 3 members from Thassim Beevi Self Help Group and 2 members from Rahmathunisha Self Help Group were recommended to VTP on Food Processing Trainees with Food and Catering Board, Government of India
* Two of our Self Help groups underwent Kitchen Gardening Training on the 16 October 2002
* An Exhibition was arranged for our Self Help Group Members at Crescent Matriculation School, Madurai on 13 October 2002
* Another Exhibition was arranged to exhibit the products of our Self Help Group members at Paramakudi for 5 days from 22 to 27 October 2002
* Conducted BLCC Meeting at Sayalkudi Headed by Mrs Qurath Jameela and our Principal, Mrs S Sumayaa Dawood on 15 October 2002
* Attended a meeting at Collectorate, Ramnad on Sanitation on 23 October 2002
* Proposal put up to Tamil Nadu Women Development Corporation Ltd (TNWDC), Ramanathapuram to conduct training on Beauty Culture and Health
* Free Medical Camp was conducted at Sayalkudi on 18 December 2002 in association with Yousuf Zulaikha Medical Centre, Kilakarai; NSS unit of our College and Red Cross Society
* Block Level Co-ordination Committee meeting conducted on 27 January 2003 at our college premises. Staff from Deputy Director Medical Services (TB), Ramanathapuram has demonstrated and explained in detail and the various queries were answered to the Self Help Group members
* Block Level Co-ordination Committee meeting was conducted on 26 February 2003 at our college premises. Two staff members from the Department of Tamil spoke in detail regarding Social, Economic Empowerment of Self Help Groups
* ORIENTATION / TRAINING PROGRAMMES ATTENDED
* Mrs Vasila Begam, Co-ordinator of Cell for Entrepreneur Development (CED) attended a meeting on 15 November 2001 at the Tamil Nadu Women’S Development Corporation Limited, Chennai to give a thrust to the Muslim women.
* A 2-day Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp was held on 1 and 2 February 2002 in our college, sponsored by the Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources, Government of India, New Delhi and Center For Entrepreneur Development, Madurai. 218 students and 24 staff members attended this programme.
* The Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp was very useful and interesting. Through this camp our students gained some knowledge about qualities of an Entrepreneur and his roles and also various schemes of District Industries Centre, Lead Bank, Khadi and Village industries NABARD in promoting entrepreneurs. This programme helped our students get to know about the need for non-conventional energy resources and how to make use of them in order to conserve energy.
* A 1-day Women’s Empowerment Programme was held on 14 March 2002. Ms Qudsia Gandhi I A S, was the Chairperson. All the final year UG and PG students and members from various Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) of Ramnad District participated in the meeting.
* A group of 10 students, 4 members of staff along with 3 self-help group members attended the Orientation and Training Course on renewable energy sources at the School of Energy, Environment and Energy Resources, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai from 25 to 29 March 2002, sponsored by the Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources, New Delhi. The self-help group women from 7 districts actively participated in the meeting. The orientation programme consisted of Theory and Practical sessions on various renewable energy sources.
* Fifteen Self-help groups women were selected to undergo a four-week training in knitting leather straps. The training was inaugurated on 24 April 2002 on our campus.
* The training was conducted for the members of Mariyam Self Help Group and Thassim Beevi Self Help Group in collaboration with Saradha Non-Government Organisation (NGO), Paramakudi from 01 October 2001 to 07 November 2001
* The Group members actively participated in the training
* A sum of Rs 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) was donated by the Baithulmal, Kilakarai towards the conduct of the training programme
* Through Saradha Non Government Organisation (NGO), these trainees were encouraged to produce Palm Products for export orders
* The training programme was successful in generating income for the members of the group
* A 2-day Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp was held on 1 and 2 February 2002 in our college sponsored by the Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources, Government of India, New Delhi and Center For Entrepreneur Development, Madurai
* Prof Allavudeen, Principal, Mohamed Sathak Polytechnic, Kilakarai, in his presidential address stressed the need for education, women entrepreneurship and qualities of entrepreneur
* Our chief guest Thiru Anand Patil, IAS, Sub-Collector, Ramnad in his address motivated the students for self-employment and offered to help the students in their entrepreneurship
* Prof Dharmar, Consultant, Centre for Entrepreneur Development (CED), Madurai delivered the keynote address and impressed the students on the need for self-employment
* Palm Products Making
* Bakery and Confectionery
* Printing and Dyeing
* Beautician Course
* Offset Printing
* Internet Browsing
* Sea Foods Processing
* Dryland Farm Training
* Jewellery Designing
* Bari and Papad making
* Food Preservation
* Mustard Plants Cultivation
* Mushroom Cultivation
1 To form more number of Self-Help Groups.
2 To inculcate in them knowledge of the functioning of the village panchayats, their composition, and the various welfare measures routed through the panchayats.
3 To instill in their minds a sense of courage to question things.
4 To implement all the planned activities among the Self-Help Group members and make them self-reliant.
5 All the Self-Help Groups will be linked with the respective banks where they are operating their Self-Help Groups accounts to get loans.
6 To conduct Entrepreneur Development programme for our final year students in order to motivate them for Self-Employment.
7 Our Seethakathi NGO plans to offer various skill training to the womenfolk of this area such as tailoring, palm products making etc
* In order to promote the welfare of the Muslim minority women of this area, we have submitted a proposal requesting to declare us an NGO under the Tamil Nadu Women’s Development Corporation, Chennai, under the auspices of the Seethakathi Trust and the same to operate in our college, when permission is granted
* We have submitted a proposal to the Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources to assist us financially for the Renewable Energy Sources outlet for sales and service on our campus
* We have submitted our proposal to the Chairman and Managing Director, Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency, Chennai to establish an Energy Park on our Campus
College History Thassim Beevi Abdul Kader College for Women, affiliated to Alagappa University, Karaikudi, is situated in the industrially backward town of Kilakarai, Ramanathapuram District. The college was founded in 1988 by Alhaj Dr B S Abdur Rahman Sahib sponsored by Seethakathi Trust, Chennai w
No. 8/93/94 pearl matriculation School Road,
kilakarai, Ramanathapuram Taluk,
Post Box No:9.
Office : (04567) 241933 / 241934
Res : (04567) 241473
Hostel : (04567) 241906
Cell : 9442617038
Fax : (04567) 243355