- Our department vision to organize a series of training and grooming programs.
- To conduct a series of workshops for the benefit of student’s community to prepare their personality and enrich their confidence levels so to nurture a great society.
Our mission is to achieve fineness in the teaching of undergraduate students, the generation of new knowledge through research and scholarships, and the provision of service to the college, local region, state, nation and international communities.
- To develop an awareness and familiarity of the scientific study of human behavior and the neural, cognitive, sensory and motor processes underlying it throughout the lifespan.
- To understand and apply scientific methods used in psychological research and will develop skills utilizing statistical and experimental methods.
- To promote student thought, scientific curiosity, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- To work at an internship site under the supervision of a licensed and trained mental health professional.
B Sc Psychology: Admission Eligibility: Higher Secondary with any group
||B Sc Psychology
- The Department of Psychology offers unique modes of bachelor level program.
- The students are getting clinical exposure through internship program.
- The Faculty of the Department and the Guide on the site would direct the students during the programme and the students should produce a report on the work done by her during the Practicum.
- The report is then evaluated and given credits for the degree.
||Ms S Dhanya Mol
||M Sc., M Phil
||Assistant Prof & Head
||Ms Sasmita Muduli
||Ms G Aruna Kumari
||Ms B KirubaSri
|Dr S Kadhiravan
||Head and Associate Professor Department of Psychology Periyar University,Salem
The specific academic objective of the undergraduate program in psychology is to provide students with an understanding of
- The mental structures and processes that underlie individual experience and behavior,
- Understanding the methods to improve personal development in both physical and psychological aspects
- Understanding the major abnormalities in behavior and the ways to overcome it
- Nurturing and strengthening the counseling skills of the students and to make them capable of dealing social problems in a psychological way.
- The scientific methodologies by which such a knowledge base is acquired,
- The critical thinking skills and skeptical inquiry necessary to evaluate scientific and popular claims concerning behavior, and
- The application of scientific psychological principles to personal and social issues.
- To educate and train students for careers in scientific psychological research,
- Make the students capable of applying scientific knowledge in their research, teaching and also in their clinic work
Major goals of Psychology Department:
- To provide excellent education in the basics of psychology to our undergraduates.
- To train and prepare our graduate students for careers in scientific psychology and scientifically-based professional practice.
- To carry out these educational goals in the context of a research-oriented department founded on the principles of scholarly excellence, interdisciplinary collaboration, and wide-ranging service.
- To start Master of Science in Applied Psychology.
- To start Research Programme
- To start a certified counseling cell.
- To open career guidance cell under students supervision.
Extra-curricular activities 2015-2016
Department Activity 2016-2017