- Our department vision to organize a series of training and grooming programs.
- To conduct a series of workshops for the benefit of student’s community to prepare their personality and enrich their confidence levels so to nurture a great society.
The specific academic objective of the undergraduate program in psychology is to provide students with an understanding of
- The mental structures and processes that underlie individual experience and behavior,
- Understanding the methods to improve personal development in both physical and psychological aspects
- Understanding the major abnormalities in behavior and the ways to overcome it
- Nurturing and strengthening the counseling skills of the students and to make them capable of dealing social problems in a psychological way.
- The scientific methodologies by which such a knowledge base is acquired,
- The critical thinking skills and skeptical inquiry necessary to evaluate scientific and popular claims concerning behavior, and
- The application of scientific psychological principles to personal and social issues.
- To educate and train students for careers in scientific psychological research,
- Make the students capable of applying scientific knowledge in their research, teaching and also in their clinic work
Major goals of Psychology Department:
- To provide excellent education in the basics of psychology to our undergraduates.
- To train and prepare our graduate students for careers in scientific psychology and scientifically-based professional practice.
- To carry out these educational goals in the context of a research-oriented department founded on the principles of scholarly excellence, interdisciplinary collaboration, and wide-ranging service.
3. Learning outcome:
- To develop an awareness and familiarity of the scientific study of human behavior and the neural, cognitive, sensory and motor processes underlying it throughout the lifespan.
- To understand and apply scientific methods used in psychological research and will develop skills utilizing statistical and experimental methods.
- To promote student thought, scientific curiosity, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- To work at an internship site under the supervision of a licensed and trained mental health professional.
4. Courses Offered
B Sc Psychology: Admission Eligibility: Higher Secondary with any group.
||B Sc Psychology
- The Department of Psychology offers unique modes of bachelor level program.
- The students are getting clinical exposure through internship program.
- The Faculty of the Department and the Guide on the site would direct the students during the programme and the students should produce a report on the work done by her during the Practicum.
- The report is then evaluated and given credits for the degree.
6. Visiting Faculty
7. Future Plan
- To start Master of Science in Applied Psychology.
- To start Research Programme
- To start a certified counseling cell.
- To open career guidance cell under students supervision.