ENGLISH DEPARTMENT AND RESEARCH CENTRE
Our vision is to empower students of literature by stimulating and developing their imagination, critical and moral faculties.
- To impart students with skills and insights needed to engage with and interpret a wide variety of text.
- To introduce students to the rich diversity of literatures written in English.
- To develop sensitivity to the English Language and its uses.
3. Courses Offered
M Phil in English
MA in English
BA in English
Teaching of English (Certificate and Diploma)
Certificate in Teaching Skills
- The Department of English signed an MoU with Annammal College of Education, Thoothukudi and Crescent College of Education, Madurai to send the PG students to be trained as a part of “Teaching of English” Courses I and II and the students who have opted for the Certificate and Diploma courses, “Teaching Skills”.
7. Visiting Faculty
8. Seminar/Workshop/Conference (for last five years)
9. Guest Lecture Organized
10. Future plan
- To start Ph.D Programme.
- “Journal Meet”- A forum to be started to encourage young researchers to present their research papers once in a month.
- To organise an ELTAI International Conference.
- To organise Faculty Development Programme.
- To increase Certificate/ Diploma enrollment.
- To conduct intercollegiate Skills Testing (LangEx).
- To organise a workshop for students on writing (To enable them to write creatively).
- To develop leadership skills in students.
- To create Eco consciousness in young learners.
- To train the students to apply literature as a guiding source of life.
- To train the students to learn English language and its skills to be applied in their jobs and business.
- To help the young minds to become ethically sensitive and valuable source of the society.
11. Blog : http://zoowasif.wixsite.com/tbakc-dept-of-eng
12. Contact Us
E-Mail : email@example.com