COMMERCE DEPARTMENT AND RESEARCH CENTRE
- To explore the possibilities of professionalism in commerce.
- To develop entrepreneurial and management skills.
- To impart practical knowledge in scripless trading system.
“Commerce is no missionary to carry more or better than you have at home. But what you have at home, be it gospel, or be it drunkenness, commerce carriers the world over.”
– Edward Everett Hale
Our Department Mission is to produce professionals and entrepreneurs who will substantially contribute to national development and wealth creation with outstanding managerial skills and with keen ethical sensitivity to steer clean of corruption and tainted practices which bring scheme to our national image.
4. LEARNING OUTCOMES
After graduation, from college and department, our students will be able to:
- Become successful entrepreneurs who will give, rather than seek, employment to others.
- Manage independently, and with confidence, small business which is directed to improve income and development of self help groups.
- Move to pursue higher studies in commerce for women in particular and
- Foster business ethics to check corruption.
5. COURSE OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
| Under Graduation
||B.Com , B.Com with C.A, B.B.A
| Post Graduation
||Certificate Course in Tally
Name : COMFEST
- Various competetions were conducted for the students of all the departments on 18.08.2017 – 22.08.2017 incommemoration of Dr.Unoose Begam, Founder HOD of Commerce
- Surah Translation
- Words Worth
- Commerce Puzzles
- The following off stage events of COMFEST 2017 was conducted from 2nd week to 4th week of September.
- Hand Painting
- Model Making
- On stage events of COMFEST 2017-18 was conducted on 21.01.2018. Following events were conducted for the students.
- Paper Presentation
- Commerce Quiz
- Ad Buzz
- Commerce Composers
Name of the Club: CITIZEN CONSUMER CLUB
- Citizen Consumer Club of Department of Commerce and Department of Business Administration arranged a stall on the theme “Nativity Bazaar”. Dr.S.Sumayaa, Principal and Ms.Rabiyathul Kadhariya, X Chairman,MunicipalityKilakaraiinaugurated the stall. 58 Students participated in the bazaar.
- Citizen Consumer Club of Department of Commerce & Department of Business Administration organized a professional market on the theme ‘Live Green, Give Green and Save Green’to create awareness on harmful plastic usage. All of the both departments actively participated and 18 stalls were arranged. Prizes were awarded for the beststalls.
- On 11.01.2018 Ms Nandhini Devi, M.Phil, Department of Commerce presented a paper on the topic “Impact of demonetization on Indian Economy” at the National Level Seminar organized by Government Arts College, Paramakudi.
- On 14.02.2018 following students received “Best performer award” from Department of English TBAKC.
- K.JahubarHameedha I B.Com
- B.ShibanaArasi I B.Com
- S.MaflathSameeha I B.Com
- M.FarhanNaziya III B.Com CA
- On 14.02.2018M. BowsiyaBanu, II B.Com received “Best Volunteer award” from Department of English TBAKC.
8. Visiting Faculty
9. Seminar/Conference/Workshop(Last years for 2011-2017)
10. Guest Lecture Organized
11. RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- UGC SPONSORED MAJOR PROJECT“Managing Human resources at the grass root level – Self Help Groups and Micro Credit Synergic Integration” ( A study with reference to SHGs In Ramanathapuram and Madurai District)Principal Investigator : Dr.Unoose Begum (HOD)CoInvestigator : A.JasmineDuration: 2 years (2007-09)Amount Sanctioned: Rs. 4, 21,200
- UGC SPONSORED MINOR PROJECTNo. of projects sanctioned and completed: 4
- Proposal Submitted: 5
12. FUTURE PLANS
- To strengthen research consultancy and placement
- To have collaboration with industries
- To introduce more certificate Programmes
- To organize community development programme
- To start Special Economic Zone for Kilakarai women
- To enter in to MOU with kalvi.com group for conducting Tally programme with international certification in November 2017. (146 students have enrolled)
14. Contact us
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org