COMMERCE DEPARTMENT AND RESEARCH CENTRE
- To explore the possibilities of professionalism in commerce.
- To develop entrepreneurial and management skills.
- To impart practical knowledge in scripless trading system.
“Commerce is no missionary to carry more or better than you have at home. But what you have at home, be it gospel, or be it drunkenness, commerce carriers the world over.”
– Edward Everett Hale
Our Department Mission is to produce professionals and entrepreneurs who will substantially contribute to national development and wealth creation with outstanding managerial skills and with keen ethical sensitivity to steer clean of corruption and tainted practices which bring scheme to our national image.
4. LEARNING OUTCOMES
After graduation, from college and department, our students will be able to:
- Become successful entrepreneurs who will give, rather than seek, employment to others.
- Manage independently, and with confidence, small business which is directed to improve income and development of self help groups.
- Move to pursue higher studies in commerce for women in particular and
- Foster business ethics to check corruption.
5. COURSE OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
| Under Graduation
||B.Com , B.Com with C.A, B.B.A
| Post Graduation
||Certificate Course in Tally
Name : COMFEST
- Organizing competitions for other department students in commemoration of death anniversary of former HOD Dr. Unoose Begam
- Organizing off stage and on stage competitions for students
- Organizing guest lectures on current topics in Commerce
- Organizing Industrial visits
- Organizing Seminars / Workshops
- Motivating students in participating competitions in other Colleges / Institutions
- Motivating students to present papers organized by other Colleges / Institutions
Name of the club:
CITIZEN CONSUMER CLUB
- Organizing various workshops related to consumer awareness.
- Organizing stalls in college campus
- Organizing awareness programmes related to Consumer Rights and Consumer Protection
8. Visiting Faculty
9. Seminar/Conference/Workshop(Last years for 2011-2017)
10. Guest Lecture Organized
11. RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- UGC SPONSORED MAJOR PROJECT“Managing Human resources at the grass root level – Self Help Groups and Micro Credit Synergic Integration” ( A study with reference to SHGs In Ramanathapuram and Madurai District)Principal Investigator : Dr.Unoose Begum (HOD)CoInvestigator : A.JasmineDuration: 2 years (2007-09)Amount Sanctioned: Rs. 4, 21,200
- UGC SPONSORED MINOR PROJECTNo. of projects sanctioned and completed: 4
- Proposal Submitted: 5
12. FUTURE PLANS
- To strengthen research consultancy and placement
- To have collaboration with industries
- To introduce more certificate Programmes
- To organize community development programme
- To start Special Economic Zone for Kilakarai women
- To enter in to MOU with kalvi.com group for conducting Tally programme with international certification in November 2017. (146 students have enrolled)
14. Contact us
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org