To provide higher education this requires courage, commitment and hard work to familiarize students with a wide range of the theoretical and practical knowledge on various fields of chemistry and to equip them with application and research skill.
The mission of the department of chemistry is to graduate, articulate and create individuals ready for career, post graduate studies and for advanced research in chemistry and chemistry based sciences including pharmaceutical chemistry and recent trends in knowledge advancement in chemistry like Green chemistry and Nano chemistry by teaching chemistry in a motivating environment for fostering inquiry through research.
The graduates of our department will be able to
Apply knowledge of chemistry to generate plans and projects independently for a better industry of one; environment locally (through environmental and other chemical studies).
- Manage business ventures for improvement of national wealth.
- Make plans in collaboration with NGOs and government for the betterment of environment.
To provide the learners application oriented knowledge on all branches of chemistry and basic knowledge on pharmaceutical chemistry.
- To increase the pass percentage of the students.
- To encourage the students to participate and present papers in seminars and conferences.
- To encourage the staff members to participate and present papers in seminars and conferences.
- To motivate the students to do projects, it helps to improve the research skills.
- Students to know about chemistry related industrial processes.
- Equipped with the skill to become successful Entrepreneurs.
- To encourage the students and faculty members to undertake research projects and to publish research articles in journals.
HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department was established as an ancillary for Home Science, in the year 1988, when the college was founded. In the year 2005, the department was upgraded as the major department, with fifteen students and two faculty members. The laboratory was renovated to meet the needs of undergraduate students. Now it has all the modern facilities to conduct the practical classes for the degree students. Today the department is full-fledged with an excellent team of dedicated faculty. It promotes quality education in Mathematics. The curriculum has been designed to suit the modern development in chemistry.
B Sc Chemistry
Admission Eligibility : Higher Secondary with Science Group /Mathematics or Mathematics as one of the subject are eligible for this group
||B Sc Chemistry
||+2 pass in Science / Maths group
||Waste Water Treatment
||Any Student with science Background
||M.Sc. M.Phil, Ph.D
||Assistant Prof.& Head
||Ms S. Gurubara Sunthara Devi
||Ms M. Saranya
||M.Sc. B.Ed., M.Phil
|Dr V Murugesan
||Professor,Registrar and Director B S Abdur Rahman University,Chennai
The Department has a highly sophisticated infrastructure, which foster and enrich students with the knowledge and principles of Chemistry.
The following are the crux to our Department
- 1.Chemistry Laboratory
- 2.Certificate Course in Waste Water Treatment
- 3.24 hour internet access to the students
- 4.Central library, E-Library and department library facilities.
In order to understand the principles of Chemistry in a better manner. The students are trained various preparation of consumer products, inorganic qualitative analysis, volumetric analysis, organic analysis ,organic estimation, gravimetric analysis, applied chemistry, organic preparation, physical chemistry practical, practical industrial chemisty, industrial training and group projects.
- A.Razia Sulthana II- B.Sc., Chemistry won the 2nd prize in Islamic Quiz Organized By students Council , TBAK college kilakarai on 21/01/2015
- S.Sumaya III- B.Sc., Chemistry Participated in Islamic Quiz Organized By students Council , TBAK college kilakarai on 21/01/2015
- K.Devi II-B.Sc., Chemistry won the runner up award in Alagappa University Inter College YOGA Competition on 23/01/2015
- K.Devi – II BSc., Chemistry Participated in State level YOGA competition at Palani on 21/02/2015
- M.Manimegalai – II BSc., Chemistry Participated in State level YOGA competition at Palani on 21/02/2015
- K.Devi – II BSc., Chemistry Participated & won the cash prize (Rs1000) TALENT SHOW in INTERFACE’15 Organized by CECRI, Karaikudi on 27/02/2015
- The following students are participated various competitions in INTERFACE’15 Organized by CECRI, Karaikudi.
- 1st CHEMISTRY
- M.Aysha Raihana – QUIZ , CONNECTION & TREASURE HUNT
- Maryam Aysha – CONNECTION & TREASURE HUNT
- Salimath Nooriya – TREASURE HUNT
- Praba devi – TREASURE HUNT
- Jamime kansul – TREASURE HUNT
- Deepa – FACE PAINTING
- Naveena – FACE PAINTING
- Shaifa – TREASURE HUNT
- Showkath jahan – TREASURE HUNT
- Aljesira – TREASURE HUNT
- Razia sulthana – QUIZ & CONNECTION
- Bhavadharani – CONNECTION & TREASURE HUNT
- Fatima femeena – DUMS & TREASURE HUNT
- Mehathab sanjitha barveen – DUMS & TREASURE HUNT
- Kirthika – DUMS & AD-ZAP
- Josephine nandhini – DUMS & AD-ZAP
- Siva bharathi – DUMS & CONNECTION
- Deepavarthini – CONNECTION
- Priyanka – DUMS & AD-ZAP
- Poomari – DUMS & AD-ZAP
- Nithya – DUMS & AD-ZAP
- K.M Ayeesha Raihana I BSc., Chemistry Participated TAMIL ELOCUTION competition in Consumer Awareness Programme at Syed Hameedha arts & science college , kilakarai on 08/12/2014
- R.Siva Barathi III BSc., -Chemistry Participated TAMIL ELOCUTION competition in Consumer Awareness Programme at Syed Hameedha arts & science college , kilakarai on 08/12/2014
- Rizwana Riyaaz II-Chemistry Participated TAMIL ELOCUTION competition in Consumer Awareness Programme at Syed Hameedha arts & science college , kilakarai on 08/12/2014
- M.Naveena II-Chemistry Participated Drawing competition in Consumer Awareness Programme at Syed Hameedha arts & science college , kilakaraion 08/12/2014
- Siva Barathi III BSc., -Chemistry Participated Drawing competition in Consumer Awareness Programme at Syed Hameedha arts & science college , kilakarai on 08/12/2014
- Sinthuja – I BSc., Chemistry Participated in Drawing competition & won the second prize at Syed Hameedha arts & science college , kilakarai on 08/12/2014
- P.Yuvasangari I- B.Sc., Chemistry won the 2nd prize in Table Tennis (doubles) held at Sethupathi Stadium , Ramnadon 08.01.2014
- B.Hemalatha – I chemistry Won the I prize “State level Yoga competition” organized by Subramaniya Engineering College, Palani for the 2011-2012.
- B. Rajathi -I chemistry Won the Overall sports championship in the College for the year 2011-2012.
- H.Faize Nisha project was selected by Research Committee and the Committee sanctioned Rs .5000/. for the year 2011-2012.
- Staff members K.V.P. Mary & K. Arthi are certified as ISO internal auditors for the year 2011-2012.
- B.Rajathi-II chemistry Won the I prize in “High Jump” organized by District Level Chief Minister Trophy Tournaments in Ramnad 0n 15.06.2012.
- S.Barakath Nisha- III chemistry Won the I prize in “Card making” organized by Rotract club, TBAK college for women, kilakarai 0n 05.09.2012.
In connection with the science day, Science exhibition was organized by the department students in which all the students participated actively, Prizes were given for the best three exhibits for the year2008.
- The department conducted a Poster competition on the topic ‘Cancer/ AIDS’ on which Ms.M. Mumtaj of III Chemistry got the 3rd prize.
- The department conducted a Poster competition on the topic ‘Cancer/ AIDS’ on which Ms. M. Mumtaj of III Chemistry got the 3rd prize for the year2008.
INTER AND INTRA COLLEGE ACTIVITIES
Participation in Seminars:
- On 09.01.2014 V.GayathriR.Sivabharathi attented a State level seminar in Anandha arts & science college, Devakottai.
- On 09.01.2014, , V.Chithra, attented a State level seminar in Anandha arts & science college, Devakottai.
- On 21.02.14, , P.Parasakthi & M.Santhanammal, attented a State level seminar in TBAK colllege for women, kilakarai.
- On 21.2.14 R.Sivabharathi, K.Deepavarthini, M.Fathima femena, D.Nagajothi S.Sumaiya, V.Dhivya , attented a State level seminar in TBAK colllege for women, kilakarai.
- On 10/09/14M.Srimathi HOD & Assistant Professor in Chemistry & M.Saranya Assistant Professor in Chemistry participated in 3 days Faculty training & Motivation Programme at CECRI , Karaikudi.
- On 18.9.13 R.Rizwana riyaaz ,M.Fathima femeena, R.Siva bharathi, N.Rahmath Maryam, attented a State level seminar in Thiagarajar college , Madurai.
Paper presentation in conference:
- M.Sivasakthi, presented papers on the National conference on “Emerging Trends in Chemistry” Organised by the M. D. T.Hindu college, Tirunelveli on 08.03.2013 &09.03.2013 Won the best paper award.
Participation in Workshops:
- On 23.12.2015 Dr. M. Srimathi, attented a “,Workshop on challenges in thesis writing and Reviewing Articles”, TBAK college for women, Kilakarai.
- On 28.8.2014, P.Parasakthi ,M.Santhanammal, Dr. M. Srimathi, & M.Saranya attented a “A One day orientation on Basics of research and academic affairs of the college”, TBAK college for women, Kilakarai.
- On 10.12.2014 P.Parasakthi, M.Santhanammal, & Dr. M. Srimathi, attented a “Faculty development programme on Event Management”, TBAK college for women, Kilakarai.
- M. Sivasakth, Assistant professor, department of chemistry participated in a Two day workshop on an “Enhancing Teaching Skills” Organised by the M.S University, Tirunelveli on 01.03.2013 & 02.03.2013
- K.Arthi, S.Chella and M.Sivasakthi, Assistant professor, department of chemistry participated in a One day workshop on Creating and Sustaining an “Active Research Culture Among College Teachers” Organised by the TBAK college for women, on 20.10.2012.
GUEST LECTURE ORGANISED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- A guest lecture on the topic “Spectroscopy” by Dr.M.Kalanithi, Associate Professor in Chemistry, Jeyaraj Annapackiam College for Women, Periyakulam on 07.02.2014.
- A guest lecture on the topic “Carbon Nano Tubes” by U.D.Rajamma, Assistant Professor in Chemistry, Sethupathy govt. atrs college, Ramanathapuram on 06.03.2014.
- A guest lecture on the topic “Carbon Nano Tubes” by U.D.Rajamma , Assistant Professor in Chemistry, Sethupathy govt. atrs college, Ramanathapuram on 06.03.2014.
- A guest lecture on the topic “Production of Natural Soaps” by K. Ervadi Ibrahim, Managing Director, AAKASH Pharmaceuticals, Madurai on 30.12.2014.
- A guest lecture on the title “Development in Organic Synthesis” on Febuary 21.02. 2013 by Dr S.Theodore David, Head &Professor, St.John’s college, Palayankottai.
- A guest lecture on the topic “Introduction to Nanotechnology” by Dr. Sudha, Associate professor in Chemistry, Nadar Saraswathi College Of Engineering and Technology, Theni on 17.08.2013
INDUSTRIAL VISIT ORGANISED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- Around 55 students under the guidance of 3 staffs were visited the “Assefa dairy development federation madurai” on august 25, 2012. It is related to dairy chemistry paper.
- Around 63 students under the guidance of 4 staffs were visited the “Inplant Training to TWAD board, Narippaiyur” on19.09.2013. It is related to water purification process.
- Around 45 students under the guidance of 3 staffs were visited the “AAKASH Pharmaceuticals, Madurai” on11.12.2014. It is related to Production of Natural Soaps.
- To strengthen the department by increasing the students strength.
- Proposal for major and minor projects to University Grants Commission.
- To conduct a state level intercollegiate ‘Chemfest’.
- Completion of Ph.D by all the faculty members.
- To undertake minor & major research projects relating to the emerging trends in Chemistry.
- Proposal of organising National level seminar and International conference on Nano technology and Green chemistry to university Grants commission.
- To strengthen the research activities and publication.
Department of Chemistry Industrial Visit at TWAD Board Narippaiyur
Click here for detail view
CHEMISTRY LAB VOLUMETRIC ANALYSIS
Click here for detail view
PRESENT CHEMISTRY LAB
Click here for detail view