- The college was founded in 1988 July 29th by Alhaj (Marhoom) B S Abdur Rahman under the affiliation of Madurai Kamraj University , Madurai
- Since inception to 2001-02 the college was under the affiliation of Madurai Kamraj University and has brought many laurels to the college and to the district
- During 2002-03 the Govt of Tamil Nadu upgraded the Alagappa University ,Karaikudi with the affiliating status then the colleges in Sivagangai and Ramanathapuram district College were brought under Alagappa University ,Karaikudi from 200-03 onwards
- Now we have a track record of 29 years of Excellence offering Arts and Science Programms. The college was accredited by NAAC with B+ Grade during 2002,On 2005-06 the college attained the pride of enjoying “Autonomy “ form July UGC ,New Delhi
- The second cycle of accreditation by NAAC was held in 2009 with B Grade with CGPA 2-78/4.00 point scale.
- During March 2012-13 the college volunteered for reassessment of reaccreditation by NAAC and retained the same grade
- The college volunteered for Quality Sustenance activities through ISO 9001-2008 Certification during2014
- To equip learners with adequate academic skills to search for, and interact with, study materials, through self-learning and acquisition of appropriate study skills.
- To train them, with effective mentoring of teachers committed to student care, in the use of a modern technology in the processes of learning.
- To impart communicative skills in English in order to articulate their ideas before lay and specialist audiences.
- To help learners to be socially involved, especially to understand prevalent injustices that Indian women, and Muslim women in particular, are forced to suffer without questioning
- To offer on-the-job training through effective internship programme organized with the help of well-known and reputed institutes.
- To incorporate in the curriculum the core values of national development, pursuit of excellence, imparting of skills at par with the best of global institutions of learning; laying a durable ethical foundation for quality education; and educational technology, and others specific to women’s concerns.
- To collaborate with institutions which pursue like- minded interests and concerns.
“Enter to Learn and Leave to Serve”